live performances

I’m sick of the same ol standard for getting on stage and performing. The reason I don’t do it all of the time is because for whatever reason, every rap show has to be “hype”. 
Do y’all turn up like that when you’re listening to music at home? Or the gym? Probably not, so why are we as artists obligated to create that type of environment for our LISTENERS?

I know it adds substance to the content when you mix jumping around, moving your hips, and taking your shirt off with you rapping, but how can you say you honestly enjoyed the show? If anything you’re exhausted as if you just left the club. 

I’m going to change things. Teach people how to listen to music again. Show them that artists are still “cool” even if you can’t do the latest dance while watching them perform. Some might say (have said) that this is a cop out and I’m trying to avoid getting out of my comfort zone or whatever, but statements like that do nothing but expose the mental capacity of the majority of people. 

We call for change in the world on all levels except perspective, and since no one will bring any attention to it...I guess I’ll take over from here. Expect more. 

- Brainiac

Comments